Application for Validation of ELT Programmes
ELT programmes leading to QQI awards will be validated in accordance with Core Policies and Criteria for the Validation by QQI of Programmes of Education and Training (2016). However, the arrangements for programmes leading to FET CAS awards are ser out here.
Making an Application for Validation
Information for preparing an application for validation is provided in unit 5 of Core Policies and Criteria for the Validation by QQI of Programmes of Education and Training (2016) and any applicable specialised validation policy and criteria.
Resources for ELT Programmes
- Core Policies and Criteria for the Validation by QQI of Programmes of Education and Training
- Quality Assurance Guidelines
- Policy and Criteria for Making Awards
- Policy for Determining Awards Standards
- Standards for Pre-Higher Education Foundation Awards for International Students
- Awards Standards -for Teaching English as a Foreign Language at NFQ Levels 6-9
- Assessment and Standards (HET)
- Policy and criteria for access, transfer and progression
- RPL Principles and Guidelines
Fees for Validation
See QQI Fees Schedule for details of current charges
Guidelines on Preparing Applications
Providers intending to apply for the validation of an ELT programme should contact QQI for guidance before starting to prepare the application.